What is Auto Tuning?
When driving down the streets of Milford Center, Ohio, Marysville, Ohio, Champaign/Union/Logan, Ohio, North Lewisburg, Ohio, or West Liberty, Ohio, a tuned car really stands out on the road. Auto tuning is the modification of a car to optimize it for a different set of performance requirements than what the original manufacturer intended. Cars are mostly auto-tuned to increase engine performance and handling, although with that comes improving the brakes, suspension, and more.
Replacing just one part of the vehicle can increase the stress and damage other parts of the car, and so it is essential to maintain the correct balance when tuning to increase performance safely. At Spain's Service Center in Champaign, we can help you figure out which parts of your vehicle can be tuned and can help you look for parts as well. We've been fixing cars since 1976, so we know which parts can optimize the performance of your vehicle.
What are some common parts to auto-tune?
Whether it be for aesthetic or practical reasons, plenty of North Lewisburg residents may be curious regarding how they can auto-tune their vehicle. At Spain's Service Center, we have helped autotune Honda, Toyota, Cadillac, BMW, and more. Some performance mods that can be done to your vehicle include:
- Chip tuning: Chip tuning is changing or modifying a memory chip in your vehicle's auto control unit to achieve superior performance. This could be for increased engine power, cleaner emissions, or better fuel efficiency.
- Audio: A custom audio job can consist of an upgrade of the radio included in the vehicle or full customization based on specific audio equipment. Some common performance mods for audio include installing new speakers, better wiring, amplifiers, and subwoofers.
- Engine tuning: Engine tuning involves changing the characteristics of a car's engine, mostly by reprogramming the engine control unit with a process known as mapping. Mapping involves changing the software within the engine control unit or providing false data through plug-in hardware.
- Suspension tuning: Suspension tuning means enhancing the vehicle's springs, anti-roll bars, sway bars, shock absorbers, and other related parts. Tweaking these parts improves the handling of the vehicle.
- Body tuning: Done for both aesthetic reasons and to increase aerodynamic performance, body tuning could involve replacing hoods and rearview mirrors with more lightweight components, or other aesthetic modifications like changing the color of the body or changing out the tires.
Your Quality Shop for Auto Tuning
Whether you are having a concern with a mechanical or electrical part of your car or truck, Spain's Service Center in North Lewisburg, OH can take care of your car, bumper to bumper. Our owners Lenny and Ryan Richileau prioritizes customer service and we will make sure you are satisfied with our service. We offer a complete diagnosis and repair service for your car's Body and Collision work, and Brake Repair.
We at Spain's Service Center have been serving communities in Milford Center, Ohio, Marysville, Ohio, Champaign/Union/Logan, Ohio, North Lewisburg, Ohio, West Liberty, Ohio, and surrounding areas since 1976 and specialize in tune-ups, Brake Repair and so much more. We guarantee customer satisfaction. Reasons You Should Do Business With Us:
- We are Experts
- Years of Experience
If you are in North Lewisburg, OH, 43060 or surrounding areas, feel free to give us a call at 937-747-2570 or schedule an appointment online with us at https://spainsservicecenter.com today! Spain's Service Center - Your Local Auto Repair Experts.